TimeLinux1

Friday, October 7, 2011

Steven Paul Jobs

Todays writing is about Steven Paul Jobs, fondly known as Steve Jobs, Apple cofounder and a visionary who changed the world in several ways.
It was two days ago that I was walking out of the office around 5pm to go home that someone broke the news to me. It was an immediate piercing feeling. As I climbed down the stairwell to go out of the building and to the car, I started fiddling with my phone and see if there was any updates on google news. Until that time, there was none about Jobs. News was only about Amanda Knox or Rick Perry or Presidential elections. So I figured, it was a breaking news. As I drove home, the radio announcer on NPR said "Coming up we have some big news". And what followed was the news of Jobs's passing away and the sheer deluge of news about the man.
For myself, I wish he lived longer. People like him are rare. It is a sad news that he is no more. He recreated the computer industry from an elite geek only place to a more appealing, simple and useful place. He was one Visionary, Business leader, Creative person, Thinker, Artist and Poet in one. People like him are rare and this is a big loss. The world needs another Jobs. He showed the way and lived it too.
I think after a few days when the sheer volume of news about his demise becomes less, it will be a more reasonable time for reflection. Right now its just plain shock and emotions. Yet as difficult and heavy as it may seems, Time moves on. The memories live on. And its for us to ensure that the pioneering work does not stop. That we raise the bar higher and higher like Steve Jobs did.  May he find peace..

No comments:

Post a Comment